logotype

Structural, spectroscopic and magnetic investigation of the LiFe(1-x)Mn⊗PO(4) (x=0-0.18) solid soluti

Research Area: Uncategorized Year: 2009
Type of Publication: Article
Authors:
Journal: JOURNAL OF SOLID STATE CHEMISTRY Volume: 182
Number: 7 Pages: 1972-1981
Month: July
ISSN: 0022-4596
Abstract:
Different solid state and sol-gel preparations of undoped and Mn substituted cathode material LiFePO(4) ;re investigated. Li(3)PO(4), Fe(2)P(2)O(7) and Li(4)P(2)O(7) are detected and quantified by XRPD only in solid state synthesis. In addition, micro-Raman spectra reveal low amount of different iron oxides Clusters. EPR data, combined with the results of magnetization measurements, evidence signals from Fe(3+) ions in maghemite nanoclusters, and in Li(3)Fe(2)(PO(4))(3). The sol-gel synthesis, showing the lowest amount of impurity phases, seems the most suitable to obtain a promising cathode material. The structural refinement gives new insights into the cation distribution of the Mn doped triphylite structure: (i) about 85% of Mn(2+) ions Substitutes Fe(2+), the remaining 15% being located on the Li site, thus suggesting a structural disorder also confirmed by EPR and micro-Raman results; (ii) Mn ions on the Li site are responsible for the observed slight cell volume expansion. (C) 2009 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
[ Back ]
Copyright © CSGI 2012 - Credits - Cookie Policy - Privacy - Consorzio per lo Sviluppo dei Sistemi a Grande Interfase, via della Lastruccia 3, 50019, Sesto Fiorentino, Italy