Fields of Interest and Expertise
- Lipid Bilayer Systems - Drug Delivery - Lipid-protein interactions - Fluorescence Microscopy - Non-lamellar nanoparticles - Fluorescence Correlation Spectroscopy
- 54 hours for the Piano Lauree Scientifiche (PLS) at the University of Cagliari;
- 36 hours for the Lab of Industrial Chemistry (A.A. 2016-2017), Bachelor Course in Biotechnology at University of Cagliary;
- 108 hours for the Lab of Physical Chemistry (36 hours for A.A. 2017-2018, 2017-2018 and 2018-2019), Bachelor Course in Biotechnology at University of Cagliary;
- 20 hours for the Microscopy lab (12 hours in A.A. 2021-2022 + 8 hours in A.A. 2022-2023), Master course in Physical Chemistry at Lund University.
October 2010 – November 2013: Bachelor Degree in Chemistry at University of Cagliari, Italy. Thesis: “Transesterification of soybean oil with methanol on basic heterogeneous catalysts prepared by ball milling and impregnation method” – Supervisor: Prof. Roberto Monaci.
October 2013 – April 2016: Master Degree in Chemical Science at University of Cagliari, Italy. Thesis: “Synthesis and Characterization of halogenated urea-based receptors for anions recognition” – Supervisor: Prof. Claudia Caltagirone.
October 2016 – February 2017: Executive Master in Quality, Environment, Energy and Safety Integrated Management Systems at ISTUM – Istituto di Studi di Management, Italy.
February 2017 – July 2017: Research assistant at University of Cagliari, Italy. Research on non-lamellar lipid nanoparticles for drug delivery and in vitro imaging application. Supervisor: Prof. Sergio Murgia.
October 2017 – February 2021: PhD in Chemical Science and Technologies at University of Cagliari, Italy. PhD Thesis: Bio-surfactants-based lipid architectures as nanomedicine platforms. Supervisor: Prof. Sergio Murgia.
November 2018 – ongoing: Visiting Researcher at La Sapienza University of Rome, Italy. Collaboration with Prof. Luciano Galantini.
October 2020 – ongoing: Postdoctoral fellow at Lund University, Sweden. Research on lipid-protein interactions, lipid bilayers systems and immunochemistry. Advisors: Prof. Emma Sparr and Prof. Peter Jönsson.
May 2022 – ongoing: Visiting Researcher at SciLifeLab, Karolinska Institutet Science Park, Sweden. Collaboration with Dr. Stefan Wennmalm.
Gianni Licheri Award 2019 – Contribution to attend to schools, conferences and workshops related to physical chemistry disciplines, December 2019
Distinction for Best Oral presentation at the 4th IWSM, October 2020
Semerano Award 2021 – Best Ph.D. Thesis in Physical Chemistry – awarded by the Italian Chemical Society (SCI), September 2021
see all publications...